The Consulate General of the I.R of Afghanistan is building a new administrative team and is seeking an energetic, and talented IT and Media Officer to join the team currently located in Burnaby, BC.
The officer will be an integral part of the Consulate General and in this role, s/he will interact with employees, consultants, and visitors. S/he can expect to be partnering with internal departments on ad-hoc projects maintaining and developing quality of work relating to the role and other tasks as assigned by the Consul General. This role will report to the Consul General and will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work on incoming help requests from users via multi-channel environment (Phone, IM, Email, etc.) in a courteous manner.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve issues with software and hardware, LAN and WAN, VPN, the Internet, new computer and communicate solutions to users.
- Write news posts and information for the Consulate website and edit and post materials on the website and Consulate General’s social media accounts (English and Pashto/Dari).
- Assist with catering requirements for meetings and special event planning.
- Assist with administrative support: expense reports, occasional travel, and accommodation bookings.
- Other general tasks assigned by the Consulate General.
Who You Are:
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations requiring analysis and interpretation within established procedures.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Three years of relevant experience supported by a solid foundation of IT and office management within a professional, fast-paced, entrepreneurial office environment.
- A degree in a relevant area of study with a preference for Computer Science/Information Technology together with demonstrated operational systems and network related experience.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Ms Access.
- Diploma in business administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressive work experience will be an asset.
- Time management and prioritization skills, including the ability to multi-task with competing priorities and demands.
- Proven ability to interact with various departments and communicate effectively with all levels from Executive to Administration and everything in between.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are required (English, Dari/Pashto).
- Positive attitude and a desire to help others is a core requirement.
Reliable, dedicated, self-motivated and adaptable with a strong willingness to learn.
Consulate General of I.R of Afghanistan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.