معلومات در مورد تمدید پاسپورت Extension/ Renewal of Passports
EXTENSION OF PASSPORTS:
Based on the urgent needs and frequent requests from the citizens of Afghanistan, the Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver would like to inform that Afghans holding expired Machine-readable passports (Not handwritten) can request to extend their passports for a validity period of five years.
Please refer to the following requirement before you apply for a passport extension:
- Application form and checklist: The form needs to be filled out clearly in capital letters or preferably on a computer in both English and Dari/Farsi or Pashto. The passport application form and checklist form can be accessed at the bottom of this page. https://www.vancouver.mfa.af/consular-affairs/passport.html
- Passport: Machine-Readable (not handwritten) Afghan Passport is eligible for extension and please send the original passport (extension page will be added to the original passport).
- ID that shows your Status in Canada or the US (e.g., photocopy of PR card, photocopy of Canadian/US Passport, copy of Landing paper or Refugee claimant ID). Only copy of one of the mentioned documents is needed.
- Proof of Address/residence: (e.g., Copy of Driver’s License, Residential ID or Utility bill). Please provide only one of the mentioned proof of residence documents.
- EXPRESS/REGISTERED SELF-ADDRESSED RETURN ENVELOPE: The applicants outside of British Columbia and those who reside in the United States are required to provide an Express/Registered self-addressed prepaid envelope. The Consulate General will use the Express/Registered envelope to send your Renewed/extended passport to the designated address provided on the envelope. Please note that all other types of envelopes will not be accepted. The applicants are also required to note the “Tracking number” of the Express Post to enable them to track their post. The Mailing address for the Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver is: 7825 Edmonds Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada, V3N1B9
Note to applicants from the US: Please make sure your post office creates the package as a self-addressed prepaid return envelope (two way package- One envelope from your address to the address of the Consulate and another return label from the Consulate address to your address) so you can receive your extended passport through mail to your address in the US. Please do not send packages without the self-addressed return envelope as described above. Based on packages received from clients, FedEx and UPS have been able to provide these services. We recommend you do not use ground option when sending your packages since there will be additional costs related to duties/taxes at the border. If you use the ground shipment option, please talk to the shipping agency so they charge you for additional costs on duties/taxes. The Consulate is not responsible for any charges related to your packages, including charges on duties/taxes related to the ground shipping of your package. Also, the Consulate reserves the right to decline acceptance of any package that may incur duties/taxes later on.
ORDINARY PASSPORT EXTENSION FEE:
All fees must be in the form of a “money order” payable to the “Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver”. The Consulate General does NOT accept cash or card under any circumstances. Please note that money orders from Scotia Bank in Canada cannot be deposited and you should get it from other banks.
Note: Applicants from the United States should ask their banks (like Wells Fargo, US bank, Bank of America, Citi, PNC or other reputable banks) or international money transfer agencies (Western Union or others) to issue "money orders" payable in Canada to the "Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver" and make sure they are cleared and can be deposited in Canada. Please include the money orders in your package and mail it to us. If some banks provide you with a payment document like cashier's check which must be equivalent to a "money order", has certified funds (guaranteed funds), and can be deposited in Canada, you can consider this option as well.
Normal Processing: 120 USD for five-year validity (15 business days processing time)
Urgent Processing: 150 USD for five-year validity (2-6 business days processing time)
Please note that there are late fees for expired passports based on legal procedures and the fees will be calculated based on $5 for every three months or $20 for each year. The late fees should be paid in separate money order payable to the Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver.