power of attorney
Afghans based in Canada and wish to obtain Power of Attorney should read the following instructions carefully.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING Power of attorney
- APPOINTMENTS: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Consulate General. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please refer to the bottom of this page.
- VISIT IN PERSON: The applicant(s) and ALL the witnesses MUST be present at the Consulate General on the date and time of the appointment along with the application form and required documents.
- APPLICATION: Clients should fill the applications in Dari or Pashto carefully. Special attention to names, dates, figures and places are required. The application should clearly mention the subject of the Power of Attorney and the limits of the authorities of the Attorney. Forms can be downloaded from this page.
- POWER ATTORNEY FEE: An applicant should pay $125.USD for ONE Power of Attorney payable at the Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver - Canada.
- The Consulate General does NOT accept cash under any circumstances, and there is no refund policy for this service.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND WITNESSES:
- Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly. The following persons and documents MUST be present in the General Consulate
during your appointment.
- It is necessary to first, download the Basic Information Form (Power of Attorney Form) from this page and carefully fill it up in order to prepare for Power Attorney.
A. Power of Attorney for Marriage Certificate:
I) One of the spouses (husband or wife), who lives in Canada MUST visit the General Consulate with:
- A request letter outlining the services required and providing information on the date and place of marriage;
- A copy of Tazkira or valid Passport;
- Two recent photos (size: 1"⨉1");
II). Two witnesses (adult& male) with their copies of Tazkira or Afghan Passports or Driver license and two recent photos (size: 1"⨉1");
III). Copy of Tazkira and photo of the Attorney/Legal Representative in Afghanistan.
B. All other Types of Power of Attorney:
I). All the client/s with copy of their Tazkira or Afghan Passports with two recent photos (size: 1"⨉1");
II). Two witnesses with their copies of their Tazkira of Afghan passport and two recent photos (size: 1"⨉1");
III). Attorney/Legal Representative: Copy of Tazkira or Passport and 2 photos of the legal representative, who will be in Afghanistan or other countries as needed.
IV). In property related cases, if the property is inherited, a copy of the Certificate of Inheritance, and a copy of the proof of property’s ownership (Sale Deed/ Qabala) or its details are needed.
- Note: If the Power of Attorney is meant for the claims or counter claims at the courts, the Attorney should be a Licensed Lawyer or the Immediate Family (Ascendant/descendant or descendant of the same ascendance line) of the client.
Please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The General Consulate does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download Power of Attorney Form, if you are applying in with family, please book separate online appointments!