The Consulate General attests/verifies/authenticates documents such as educational diplomas, Marriage Certificate, Celibacy Certificate, Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, business and other documents.
If the document has been issued in Afghanistan and attested by the Consulate Affairs Directorate of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan, the Consulate General attests the document free of charge.
If a document has been issued in Canada, it should be attested by the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs/relevant Cantonal authorities before it gets attested by this Consulate General.
ALL local (Afghanistan issued) Driving Licenses will be sent to the Ministry of Interior Affairs (MoI) of Afghanistan through this General Consulate for verification. Please note that this is a time-consuming process.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- APPOINTMENT: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Consulate General. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please use appointment system in this website..
- BY POST: All required documents can be sent to the Consulate General by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed envelope along with the required documents. The General Consulate won’t be responsible for any loss of documents sent by post.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- a) Request letter. the applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Consulate and outline the need for verifying/attesting/authenticating the document(s).
b) Original of the document(s) to be attested/verified/authenticated.
c) Copy of the document(s) to be attested/verified/authenticated.
d) Copy of current address in Canada.
e) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed
- FEE: Service fees varies depending on the type of the document. Please refer to the fee rates table for attesting/verifying/authenticating different types of documents.
- The Consulate General does NOT accept cash under any circumstances.