CERTIFICATE OF INHERITANCE
All the applicants shall carefully read the following instructions and information and apply accordingly:
- APPOINTMENT: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Consulate General. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please refer to the bottom of this page.
- VISIT IN PERSON: The applicant(s) and ALL the witnesses MUST be present at the Consulate General on the date and time of the appointment along with the application form and required documents.
- APPLICATION FORM: Clients should fill the applications in Dari or Pashto carefully. Special attention to names, dates, figures and places are required. Forms can be downloaded from this page.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND WITNESSES: Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly. The following persons and documents MUST be present in the Consulate General during your appointment.
- It is necessary to first, download the Basic Information Form (Inheritance Form) from this page and carefully fill it up in order to prepare for inheritance.
- a) Inheritor(s) (Waris/Warasa): at least ONE inheritor (waris) MUST be present at the Consulate General at the time of appointment along with (1) one copy of his/her/their Tazkira or passport and (2) two recent photographs (size: 1x1 inches)
b) Testifiers (Iqrar Konendagan): THREE adult testifiers (Iqrar Konendagan) MUST accompany the Inheritor(s) at the Consulate General during the appointment along with (1) one copy of Tazkira or Afghan passports of each testifier; and (2) two recent photographs each (size: 1x1 inches) and (3) copies of Canadian Residence Permit.
c) Witnesses: Two adult witnesses MUST also accompany the inheritor(s), with their (a) copies of Tazkira or Afghan passport; (2) copies of Canadian Residence Permit; (3) two recent photographs (size: 1x1 inches)
- FEE: An applicant should pay $125.USD for ONE Certificate of Inheritance. The fee can be paid in cash at the Consulate General.
- Notes: For One Certificate of Inheritance at least SIX adults are required at the General Consulate (at least ONE Inheritor + THREE Testifiers + TWO Witnesses)
- Please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The General Consulate does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.
- The consulate General will not accept cash in any circumstances, and there is nor refund policy for this service..
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download an Inhertitance Certificate Application form and book an online appointment.