The Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver - Canada provides two types of services: (I) attesting a Birth Certificate (original and/or translation), and (II) Issuing a Birth Certificate.
I. Attestation of a Birth Certificate
- The General Consulate attests the following for Afghan nationals:
- 1. Afghan Nationals Born in Afghanistan
- The Consulate General attests the original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued by Hospitals in National Statistics and Information Authority - NSIA (اداره ملی احصائیه و معلومات) provided that the Birth Certificate was attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan. General Consulate will NOT charge for this service.
- 2. Afghan Nationals Born Outside Afghanistan
- The General Consulate will attest:
- a) The original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued and attested by the Canadian authorities. The fee for this service is 55.USD.
b) The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General/High Commission of applicant’s country of birth. The fee for this service is 50. USD.
c) The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in that country where the Birth Certificate was issued. The fee for this service is 55. USD.
- Attesting a Birth Certificate:
- For attesting a Birth Certificate, please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- By Appointment: can be scheduled online through appointment page.
- By Post: All required documents can be sent to the Consulate General by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed envelope along with the required documents.
- Required Documents:
- a) Request letter. the applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Consulate General and outline the services needed (i.e. attestation of the original Birth Certificate, attestation of the translation of a Birth Certificate or both), personal details, address and contact number.
b) Original Birth Certificate and/or originals of its translation.
c) Copy of Birth Certificate and/or copy of its translation.
d) Copy of Residence Permit. An applicant should make a copy of his/her Canadian Residence Permit.
e) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed return envelope MUST be included in the complete address. Without this, the Consulate General will NOT be able to send you back the attested Birth Certificate.
- Fee: General Consulate will charge 55.USD for issuing of one Birth Certificate, payable to the "Consulate General of Afghanistan In Vancouver - Canada."
- The Consulate General does NOT accept cash under any circumstances, and there is no refund policy.
- a) Once the Consulate General receives the package by post or in person, it will be processed within 1 week provided that all required documents are complete.
b) The Consulate General will send back the issued/attested Birth Certificate to the applicant using the Express/Registered self-addressed envelope.
II. Issuance of a Birth Certificate
- In exceptional cases the Consulate General will issue a Birth Certificate on the basis of Applicant’s National Identity Card (TAZKERA) or Passport, provided that their originality has been verified.
Same fees and procedures as above applies.
a) Request letter.
b)Proof of Afghan Citizenship. The applicant will need to present her/his Tazkira(National ID) or valid Afghan Passport to the Consulate General upon their appointment.
c) Photographs. two recently taken passport size photographs.
d) Proof of Address in Canada.