ABSENTEE TAZKIRA (AFGHAN NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD)
Those Applicants who apply for Afghan National Identity (Tazkira), must apply through our online tazkira service on our website which identified as a "ONLINE TAZKIRA" (https://www.econsulate.nsia.gov.af/)
The Consulate General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Vancouver is not the authority to issue Tazkira (Afghan National ID). Only, a portion of the process for obtaining a Tazkira in absence of the person can be initiated through this Consulate General.
An Afghan national, who wishes to obtain a Tazkira, can initiate the process through the Consulate General on the basis of Tazkira of one of his/ her paternal relatives (father, grandfather, siblings, uncles, aunts and paternal cousins). Applicants must be able to mandate a family member/friend in Kabul to follow-up the work on his/her behalf.
All the applicants shall carefully read the following instructions and information and apply accordingly:
- APPOINTMENT: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Consulate General. Clients with no prior appointment will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link.
- VISIT IN PERSON: An applicant MUST visit the Consulate General in-person on the date and time of his/her confirmed appointment and have the required documents ready.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- A) Application Form. The applicant needs to fill an application form available here. The name and contact number of a representative or relative MUST be in the application, who will, on behalf of the applicant, follow up the process with the National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) in Afghanistan.
B) Tazkira of Paternal Relatives. The applicant should provide a copy of one of his/ her paternal relatives’ Tazkira (father, grandfather, siblings, uncles, aunts, or cousins).
C) Photographs. Four passport-sized photos meeting international passport photo requirements.
D) Children who were born in Canada should submit an original copy of their birth certificate validated with a copy of parents’ Tazkira.
E) Provide a copy of a document verifying residency status in Canada, such us; Canadian Passport, Citizenship ID, Permanent Residence Card, and Refugee Protection Claimant Document.
F) Provide a document verifying your current address, such us; driving license, utility bills, etc.
G) Identity verification form: this will be filled by the Consular Staff, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure all filled information is accurate before putting their thumbprint as they can’t be modified later.
H) Provide the identification information of the person representing the applicant in Afghanistan in regards to processing the absentee Tazkira application.
I) If you are not able to pick up the application/document from the Consulate, please send a registered and certified courier to receive your documents.
- FEE: The fee for Absentee Tazkira is $55.00 (US Dollar). Submit your money order per application, payable to “Consulate General of Afghanistan in Vancouver – Canada.”.
- Please note that this process requires a long waiting period and depends on the follow up of the applicant’s representative or relative with the NSIA. The Consulate has no control and influence on the process within NSIA.
Please make sure to have a copy of all required documents with you, as the General Consulate can not provide print/copying facilities for the applicants. You will not receive a refund after you have submitted your application
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a Absentee Tazkira application form and book an online appointment, please note that if you are applying family, you need to book seperate appointments for each application